is this also a virus or spam?

Hello, I received an email today inviting me to join a yahoo discussion
group known as "dicegames".  I did not ask to join and I could not find
anyones name in the email, I did not know who invited me.  What I did
was delete the email and then I sent a subscribe request to yahoogroups.com
to subscribe to the group.  As I suspected, the group does not exist.
I am not sure why someone would invite me to a mailing list that does
not exist, but I suspect there is something fishy going on.  Just to
let everyone know, since many of you are dice game players and might
think this is something you would want to read.  It is a trap of some kind.
I forgot to mention that the email looked authentic and said that if
I wanted to join then I should simply reply to the email itself.
I believe this trap might be targeted to us who are game and dice players.
(backgammon, etc...)