Western Chess and it's variants

For those interested, I have made some improvements on the utility that
converts a pbm ascii board to a graphical board.

http://kthorn.freeshell.org/pbm/index.php

The main improvement of interest to most, I suspect, is the additional
support for a number of PBM western chess variants.  Currently this is
limited to games where the board is rectangular.  Things should also be
considered experimental at this stage. As always, feedback is very much
appreciated.

Thanks for reading.  Long winded details follow, if you're interested.

Kevin

Sketchy Details
==================
Games that I _believe_ to work well:
-----------------------------------
Chess, Amoeba, Avalanche, Capablanca, Dark Chess, Double Chess, Double Move
Chess, Grand Chess, Quick Chess, Progressive Chess, Renaissance Chess, and
Bughouse if only one board pasted at a time(duh).

Games not yet supported:
------------------------
Big Outer Chess, Chex, Omega Chess,

Games such as Capablanca, where new pieces are introduced, show those
pieces in their ASCII form.  I have yet to create piece graphics for
those.  If anyone feels like giving it a go, shoot(40x40, transparent
gif).  Some testing of the above mentioned variants has been done in MSIE
6, your mileage may very, depending on your browser.  One gotcha is that if
there are not an even number of files or ranks, you *might* find that the
squares are not the right colors.  You're dark squares might be light and
the light ones dark.  Not a huge problem, I guess, but it is an issue.

Once again, any feedback is greatly appreciated, as I cannot possibly test
all possibilites.