RE: Wizard scoring change?

I'd prefer to give the 20 point bonus only when you make your bid exactly.
In table form:

   if you fail to take enough tricks... -10 * undertricks
   if you make your bid exactly...      20 + 10 * bid
   if you take too many tricks...       10 * bid + overtricks

If that's still too soft (and I think it is), then take away the "10 *" when
you take too many tricks.  That gives:

   if you fail to take enough tricks... -10 * undertricks
   if you make your bid exactly...      20 + 10 * bid
   if you take too many tricks...       tricks taken

That keeps a very strong incentive for making your bid, major punishment for
not taking enough tricks, and good incentive for not bidding too low.
Bidding low would be better than bidding high, but you won't win by bidding
low.

With the current scoring, I've wondered why everything is a factor of 10.

I'll keep playing regardless of the scoring options chosen.

jimreed