Re: [pbmserv] Broadcast from whte via PBM Server

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 11:53:10AM -0400, pbmserv wrote:
> Dear friends,
> I am a renju player is group E. My ID is whte.  I wrote a letter to the referee of group E two days ago, but was returnd several times. I don't know why?
> I have two games E1109 and E0911, my opponent did  not make move for 24 and 26 days. By now, I have not received any letter about his resign or forfeit.
> But when  I ask for my all games today, "all show whte" , I got only ten letters, I cant find the above games in it.
> Anybody, who can tell me what is all about? And why?
> thanks so much before hand.

there have been some problems with the nagging software in recent weeks.
It is supposed to "nag" a player once a week (daily for tournament games)
to remind them that the game is active.

In addition, the forfeits only happen on Fridays

The primary purpose of the nagger and forfeits is to keep games moving.
pbmserv is not live.  It's email.  The nagger is not a chess clock...
It was never intended to be an exact "at 21 days, and 1 second, you lose"
mechanism.

I think I tracked down the Renju nag problem last night/this morning
(yes... I should have been sleeping, but...)  But I ran the weekly
nag in "nagonly" mode to make up for the lack of nags in recent weeks.
I'd like to give people until friday to move.  (if this is a problem
psalikov, let me know, but  it's been this way for years).

Richard

--
 /  \__  | Richard Rognlie / Oracle Prophet / Gamerz.NET Lackey
 \__/  \ | http://www.gamerz.net/rrognlie/    <rrognlie@gamerz.net>