[pbmserv] Twixt Versions

I have a collection of TwixT sets, and I am trying to determine if it is complete, and also get a little more info about some versions. Here are some pictures I took years ago:

http://members.aol.com/BarticusR/Shelf.jpg
http://members.aol.com/BarticusR/TWood2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/BarticusR/TWood3.jpg

I will be putting more images up on my website soon.

I am not interested in color differences. At one time 3M produced brown, green, and gray boxes, but I don't care about that. I am also not concerned with different shades of red plastic. I made two 36x36 (nine panel) boards. I wanted to make a double set of pieces to go with one of these to make a complete set. I had nine sets which I had judged sufficiently common that I could take the pieces from this set to make my large set. In no two of those sets were the red pieces the same shade of red. In fact, on careful examination, no two sets of black pieces were the same shade of black.

I am interested in different box shapes, different copyright dates, different rules (even slight differences in the rules), and of course different publishers and languages. I currently have:

3M Chubby box (9.7"x11.2"x3") dated 1962, with wood posts and flat plastic links. Rules

3M Chubby box (9.7"x11.2"x3") dated 1962, with plastic posts like the later editions and flat links. Were there ever wooden links? Were there chubby box copies with the 3-D plastic links?

3M Regular bookshelf box (8.4"x11.9"x2.3") 1962, with the usual plastic posts and 3-D plastic links. The copyright date still says 1962 on this edition, but does anyone know what year it was first produced?

Schmidt edition with rules in German, French and Italian. There is no date on this edition. The person I bought it from thought it predated the 3M edition, but it looks like this one is a modification of the 3M cover art, not the other way around. The board is interlocking. Does anyone know when this was produced?

3M dated 1968. In this edition there was a slight revision of the rules. The 1962 rules showed four pictures under "Basic Setups", this one shows five.

Avalon Hill dated 1976. This is a pseudo-bookshelf box. There is no outer sleeve, so if you try standing it up, it will fall apart. The rules start with the swap rule. Was there an Avalon hill edition with an outer sleeve? Was there an Avalon Hill edition without the swap rule?

Kosmos 1997. New box art. The pieces are red and white rather than red and black. The board is interlocking like the Schmidt edition. The board has letters and numbers on it, like we use for email play. White goes top to bottom, 1 to 24, like O and Gamerz.net. Red goes left to right, A to X, like # at Gamerz.net. Rules in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, except I don't have the rules. Oddly, this new box art still looks like the wood posts and flat links.

What other editions were there? I think there was a German edition by Klee between Schmidt and Kosmos. Was it produced in any other countries?
--
RB |\ Randall Bart
aa |/ admin@RandallBart.com Home: 1-212-965-1786 Barticus@att.net