Re: [pbmserv] Robots update

Cameron Browne wrote:

In what way are they more dangerous? Assuming I havent missed something in the rules, this is a rather old game and the outcome is deterministic. 8 moves is no more dangerous than 1 since you can plot exactly what the robots are going to do after each move.

You're quite correct. I was factoring in human error: it's increasingly likely to make a mistake the more moves you queue up.

Unless you use a client to play that can extrapolate the game for you. I cant name one offhand, but I know they exist for other games, and I know some of them are extendable to include new games very easily. This gives an extremely unfair advantage to people who do, as they can make 8 moves at a time all the time. Also, how are you scoring the "stand still forever" move? If you stick with this scoring system then it might be sets of 8 "stand still for one move" moves, or continue accruing past 8 (giving even more extremely large scores).