[pbmserv] Broadcast from dshort via PBM Server

I DESPERATELY need one more brave soul to sign up for the Doublechess
tournament
which I am running. So far I have 11 entries and I need one more player to
balance it
out at 12. I can now give some more details about the structure of this
tournament.
I will break the field of 12 into two 6-man sections. I will seed the field
1 to 12 according
to the most up to date doublechess ratings on the pbm server, seeding
established
players over provisionally rated players  and seeding unrateds at the
bottom. Section A
will have seeds 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11,  and Section B will have seeds 2, 4,
6, 8, 10, and 12.

Each player will play a total of 5 games in the first round, one game
against each of the
other five players in their section. I use a formula that three lowest rated
players in
each section 3 games with white and 2 with black, and the three highest
rated players in
each section 2 games with white and 3 with black, to counterbalance things,
although
the first move advantage is really not as strong in doublechess as it is in
chess.

The two section winners and 3 "wild-card" players will advance to a 5-man
finals
section, where each player will play a total of 4 games, 2 with white and 2
with black,
one game against each player in their section. The first tie-breaker between
tied players
for a spot in the finals is head-to-head result, and if that is not
applicable, then all tied
players advance, even if it means creating a larger finals section than
originally intended.

The time control for all games is 1 move per 7 days and is strictly
enforced.
You will not forfeit your games or receive nags when you are on the vacation
list,
so if you plan to go on vacation make sure you notify Richard Rognlie at
rrognlie@gamerz.net
well enough in advance.

The granting of undo moves is strictly at the discretion of the players.

So far I have the following players committed to the tournament:

ragnar, wyandotte, nantonas, dshort, thrawn, erik, vrosas, balu, skouboe,
bmendez
and jova1

if your userid is not in this list and you would like to play in the
tournament please
email me your pbm userid at davidnyj889@hotmail.com

HURRY only ONE spot still open, games will start almost immediately when I
fill the
tournament, first come first serve!

p.s. I still have several spots open for the Omegachess tournament,
which carries the same time control. So far I only have 8 players signed up,
I'd like to get some more players and likewise break it into 2 sections.

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? FREE