Re: [pbmserv] Bizarre Forfeits

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 08:40:43AM -0400, Randall Bart wrote:
> Last Friday I got notification that Arbin forfeited a TwixT game.  Today I
> got notification that he forfeited one more (below).  Assuming that Arbin
> closed his account, shouldn't he forfeit all games at once?  Something
> needs to made a little less baffling to the audience.

If the board is less than a week old, no checking of the player status
would have been done.

So... it started Jun 7th.   on Jun 11 (that friday), no nag notification.

A move was made  Jun 11 21:30

So, on Jun 18 (the next friday at 7am) no nag notification.   It was
*almost* but not quite, a week old.   So, no nag.

Now we hit today.   It has been more than a week.   so... check the
status of the player in order to send the nag.   Surprise, no player
record.

So the player forfeits.

Really!   There is a method to the madness.  8^)

--
 /  \__  | Richard Rognlie / Sendmail Ninja / Gamerz.NET Lackey
 \__/  \ | http://www.gamerz.net/~rrognlie    <rrognlie at gamerz.net>