[pbmserv] Abstracta Hex tournament: larger grid?

The default size for Hex games on PBMserv is 11x11.

Is it too late to ask for a larger grid for the tournament?

According to the following link, the co-inventor of the game,
John Nash, settled on 14x14 as the ideal size:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hex_%28board_game%29

I'll take whatever grid size I can get, though. What do the
other participants think?

When do each of these connection tournaments start, anyway?
The Abstracta website does not seem to say.

I doubt other Twixt players (besides Randall and myself)
would like to see a larger grid for Twixt, so I'll keep my
mouth shut about that. :-)

HEX PLAYERS TAKE NOTE: The swap command is implemented for
Hex. After the very first move, the 2nd player may swap
sides if desired. If sides are swapped, the player who
moved first as V is now H, and makes the next move. Sides
may be swapped only once per game. If the 2nd player does
not swap after the first move, then sides may not be
swapped at all that game. The syntax is the same as Twixt:

hex move board userid password swap

OR

hex swap board userid password

All the games of "stage 2" have been implemented on Paul's GUI
site, except Hexade:

http://www.math.lsu.edu/~wamelen/gamerz.php

David Bush
chmeee