Re: [pbmserv] Question on Warship

I noticed that when I'm playing Warship w/ the option of -allfire that the computer only accepts the first 3 shots out of the 5 that I send. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Next to my name there is (5) so I thought that meant I could take 5 shots. Am I wrong? Thanks.

You are the unfortunate victim of a first move equaliser. Since it is a strong advantage to go first, then the opening player's number of shots is halved for the first move (rounded up) to make things more even.

This is described in the rules: http://www.gamerz.net/pbmserv/warship.html

Cameron