Re: [pbmserv] Re: Conway

conway looks like an interesting game. Thanks for bringing it here.
I'm wondering if it would be too much to implement a (werewolf -alias like) choice for user ID.

So rather than hartwell and dzander playing as A and B ... hartwell could be H and dzander could be D. or any other letter he wanted to use.

I couldn't see any mention of an alias command in the Werewolf help, but presume that you mean a command such as "-alias=H" that you issue during the game, not during the initial challenge, and which is refused if that letter is already taken?

It should be straightforward but I'd hesitate to do so, since Conway is sequential in nature. For multi-player games it's actually good to have piece labels in consecutive alphabetical order so you can plan your moves knowing immediately who will move next.

Cameron