Re: [pbmserv] server down?

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 06:31:12PM -0000, stig@pvv.ntnu.no wrote:
> I can't seem to get any responce from the server.  :-(
>
> My problem or a server problem?

Sadly, my problem.

For those not aware...

I was in the UK the last couple of weeks.   Normally, not a
problem... things run on autopilot.

Tuesday afternoon, it appears we had power issues (we're in the midst of a
kitchen remodel upstairs).  And gamerz did not recover well.   In fact,
it appears we lost the power supply (or worse).   It won't power up
at all.   So, my wife planned to wander out and pick up a power supply
and a friend was due to install it sometime yesterday.

More remodelling woes...   Something happened in the installation of
the new washer/dryer.  and when my wife did some laundry, it flooded
teh basement.   including frying the ADSL Modem that is our conduit to
the outside world.

So, I got back home yesterday, and have been working diligently to restore
services.   The ADSL was my first priority.   It's fixed now.

And now I'm working on gamerz.   I've got the machine mostly working, but
I won't have full service restored until sometime tonight (It's 430pm here
now).

I'm really sorry this happened.

But I don't think we've lost any moves.   It'll just take it a while to
catch up.

Richard

--
 /  \__  | Richard Rognlie / Sendmail Ninja / Gamerz.NET Lackey
 \__/  \ | http://www.gamerz.net/~rrognlie    <rrognlie at gamerz.net>