[pbmserv] DVONN teaching games wanted; Go, Scramble, and Backgammon games welcome

Hello,

Over at Little Golem, I have played a few DVONN games, but am still trying to get the hang of it, and would like some games against NON-beginners who would evaluate my moves, letting me know WHY each one is good, bad, or indifferent, as well as letting me know the reasons WHY he or she chose a particular move.

In addition, I would like some Go (19x19), Scramble (15x15), and Backgammon games. I have no idea of my numeric Backgammon or Scramble ratings, but I usually play very well. On one site, my rating for a similar word game is 463, which is based upon the average number of points per turn times 15. Before playing Scramble, however, I would like to know WHICH dictionary is used (OSPD3, SOWPODS, or ENABLE2K), so I don't wind up trying to play "QI" or "ZO" if SOWPODS isn't used.

My Go rating is about 18 Kyu, even though my AGA rating is 14 Kyu (it was based upon only ONE tournament two years ago, and I have not been that active at playing). Although I am certainly not a high-level expert, I would also welcome some games from beginners who wish to learn how to play Go, and would provide commented games. For such, I would suggest 9x9 for absolute beginners, but 13x13 or 19x19, otherwise. Again: I do not pretend to be Shindou Hikaru (LOL!), but am just offering friendly, commented games for people who are still trying to figure out how it works, and some of the elementary strategy.

Thanks!
 --Rob