Re: [pbmserv] For linux- ***and windows-*** using xiangqi players!

Hello John,

Here is a good new.
I shall receive your program with big pleasure and I shall then miss to invite players of the PBM to server to play it this very big game of Xiangqi.
Thanks by advance!

PS : I ask all the English speakers of this site to excuse my probably very approximate English. I am french.

Greetings

jian

Hi Jian and fellow Gamers,

I've become inspired by Joss's Ruby utility, and I am now writing a small
program in C++ that will do just what you (Jian) wish (and a little more).
It will run on Windows, Linux, Macintosh, and FreeBSD, and, at least for
Windows, you will have no need to install any other software to use the
program as it will be a simple executable.
I should have something for you probably by tonight, but definitely before
the week is out.

Cheers,

John Weathers

Hello joss and other players of xiangqi,

I remain convinced that one would need that a utility which allows to convert the ascii diagram or the list of the moves of the games of xiangqi played on the PBM server for the computers which turns under Windows.
But this without being obliged to use a program such as Ruby who seems to me very heavy compared with a very simple utility.
I thus hope that a player who would know how to program this utility made it.
It would relaunch the game of xiangqi on the PBM server. This game is practically more played on this site for the moment and it is indeed pity.

Greetings

Jian