[pbmserv] GO Marathon tournament.

This is a post to the other finalists in the "GO" section of
the "Marathon" multiple tournament.   That is, to...

 is9
 chyn
 davidmilne
 lhh61
 u-sha
 tibia
 kiwibill
 imperatore
 tmarsh
 fastfede

My feeling is that, though it wasn't really important for
the early rounds of the competition, it would make a lot of sense
to have a standard "komi" for the final rounds, where players
of presumably similar ability are playing together.

Otherwise, all too many pairs of games are likely to result in
shared pairs of wins, with black almost always winning.

Komi, is just a standard amount of extra score given to white for
handicap equalization purposes - it is typically not very different
for different size boards (above 6x6), being usually somewhere
between 5 and 7 points.

If enough of us are in favour, we could vote on a figure, perhaps,
and let the server folk know what the final figure is, so as to
have it scored automatically in the rules (for this tournament).

Do you other folk agree?

Bill Taylor (kiwibill)