[pbmserv] Have you ever played trinim?

In the long list of games available in this server, trinim is of a
unic type. It is grouped with N in a raw, although it has nothing to
do with making a raw of five or whatever. Rules are very simple,
games very short, usually about 5 moves for a 5 sided board. The
real time varies of course with the player speed, but usually a game
should not take more than a week. Yet the game is deceptively
simple. There is still little experience in playing it, so present
standings mean very little. You need to master parity changes and
pattern analysis. It can be physically played in an inexpensive
Chinese Checkers board.

Opinions? The programmer thinks "This is an elegant
combinatorial game" and I think it's the best in the
world of abstract strategy, although mine is undoubtedly biased :-).
There are no computer programs to play or analyze it. The day
someone writes one, the game will be dead.

Why don't you give it a try, and challenge me:

trinim challenge -size=5 <yourname> jjartus