Re: [pbmserv] Looking for games: Go, Chess, Terrace, Hex

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 09:34:10AM -0600, Ezequiel Martín Cámara wrote:
> BTW, has someone worked on an automatic challenge engine? I mean, a
> player can set a limit of concurrent games and a request of games, so
> it should not be hard to set a system that would automatically find
> pairs of players that are of about the same level, are below their
> game number limit, and are requesting games, and issue a challenge...

it's an idea that has long been sitting on the back burner.   we do have
the limits/seeking code already.  I imaging we could do something along
the lines of...

if your seeking games, and your game count is less than your max/active
count you'd be added to the anonymous "pool"...

then someone could issue an anonymous challenge.

they would get a player randomly selected from the anonymous pool.

> I can do PHP. Who is doing the development in http://www.gamerz.net/pbmserv/?

wamelen is in charge of that part.

--
 /  \__  | Richard Rognlie / Sendmail Ninja / Gamerz.NET Lackey
 \__/  \ | http://www.gamerz.net/~rrognlie    <rrognlie at gamerz.net>