Re: [pbmserv] Need help on fixed spacing fonts

Skip Masonsmith's idea (modified) works fine.  Only instead of checking "Ignore font sizes", you need to check "Ignore font styles".

Mark

On 12/14/05, Richard Rognlie <rrognlie@gamerz.net> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 08:26:59AM -0800, Mark Steere wrote:
> I'm using gmail on windows and I can't seem to get fixed space fonts.  I
> tried the Tools>Internet Options>Fonts>CourierNew but it didn't seem to
> work.  Any help would be appreciated.

(Quoting a posting I did back in August...)

For those users who are trying to use gmail for their pbmserv mail,
I've found at least a partial answer to the "how can I get gmail to
display the boards using a fixed pitch font?"

Sadly, it only applies to Firefox users.

If you are a Firefox user, put the following code snippet in

   Application Data/Firefox/Profiles/XXXXXXX.default/chrome/userContent.css

div.msg div.mb {
       font-family: monospace !important;
       font-size: 12px !important;
}

then restart Firefox.   works great for viewing boards

Now to nag them on honoring the "In-Reply-To" header for threading support.

--
/  \__  | Richard Rognlie / Sendmail Ninja / Gamerz.NET Lackey
\__/  \ | http://www.gamerz.net/~rrognlie    <rrognlie at gamerz.net>