[pbmserv] Possible bug in Scramble: selection of first player

Originally, I posted this in the development list, but there was no response, so let's try it here:

In Scramble game 3519 that just started between markball and me (labradors), markball drew a blank, and I drew an A.

According to the help file, "blanks are considered farthest from A."

According to the official rules for Scrabble, however, "A blank tile beats any letter."

Is this a deliberate difference which should be allowed to stand, a mistake that someone should fix, or doesn't it really matter to anyone?

Thanks!