[pbmserv] Broadcast from bugmenot via PBM Server

Hi everyone,

My userid is bugmenot and I am organizing an Othello (also known as
Reversi) tournament here on the PBeM server. I already announced this
a while ago on the pbmsers-users mailing list, but the signups were
starting to slow down, so I'm announcing it again.

Here are the rules; they have changed slightly due to suggestions from
various players (but not much), so please read these closely even if
you already read them in the original post on the pbmserv-users
mailing list:

This tournament is a round-robin Othello tournament played here on the
PBeM server. When you sign up (see more details below) I will place
you in a "pool". In Round 1, you will play all the others in your
pool SINGLE ROUND-ROBIN (two games between each player in a pool);
pools contain about 6 players each. The winners of each pool then
move on to play DOUBLE ROUND-ROBIN in the Finals (round 2). The
winner of that is the winner of the tournament!

---Signing up---

To sign up contact me and tell me you'd like to play in the Othello
tournament. You can contact me using any of the following methods:

1. send mail to pbmserv@gamerz.net with subject "message username
password bugmenot", replacing username and password with yours, and
putting your message to me in the body;

2. send mail to bugmenot01@bluebottle.com, and put your message in the
body; you can pick any subject you want, please pick something
relevant though; also remember to include your PBeM username as it is
not automatically sent to me.

3. contact me through the message systems of any of the other game
sites that I play at. I know, this is really geeky, but if you really
want to do it this way, you can. Please make sure that if you follow
this avenue, you mention that this is the Othello tournament on PBeM!
And also please tell me your PBeM username, as in the direct email
option. Below the game sites that I play at besides here are listed
with my username there, in order that you're likely to reach the the
quickest:

-DailyGammon.com: username is newguy1, very likely to reach me here
using Quick message feature
-GoldToken.com: username is newguy, also very likely to reach me here
but there is no limit on message size like at DailyGammon
-BrainKing.com: username is bugmenot
-Pocket-Monkey.com: somewhat likely to reach me quickly here
-BugCafe.net: username is newguy, you'll probably reach me here
somewhat quickly
-ItsYourTurn.com: username is myaccount but please DO NOT send me
messages here because I will likely either not notice them or not
read them for a few days.
-Pente.net: username is bugmenot, these guys don't have a message
system so only send me a message there if you are already playing
me!

Was that a big mouthful?