[pbmserv] Othello tournament reminder

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that signups for the Othello tournament are still open. The tournament will start sometime in mid-June, so you have some time to sign up (but it would be preferred if you signed up sooner rather than later); I'll set the official date when the time draws near and I have a better feel for my schedule then.

Just a refresher on the rules:

For this tournament, players will be placed in pools of approximately 6 players, and will play each other double round-robin within that group. The game time limit will be 14 days per move, with nags every 7 days.

The winners of the pools will continue to Round 2, where they all play in one big pool double round-robin for the championship.

That's all!

To sign up, contact me using one of the following methods:

1) Preferred Method: contact me by sending mail to pbmserv@gamerz.net with "message username password bugmenot" in the subject line (replacing username and password with yours) and your message in the body. In this case you do not have to tell me your PBeM username as it is automatically provided to me, plus there are no worries about your messages getting caught in my EXTREMELY strict spam filter (see more below).

2) contact me via email at bugmenot@mailpanda.com. I have a very strict spam filter though I would turn it off if I could, or at least set it to send spam to a Spam folder, but I can't do that, any email from many domains including many free email domains is bounced back to you with a message saying that the spam filter didn't like your message; you can ask to get your domain off the blacklist if it's on and my mail provider usually does so if you ask, but it takes time, so it's not preferred. Please do not contact me by this method if you dont' have to.

3) contact me via the message systems of the other game sites I play at, if you really want to do so. Here is the list of my usernames at other games sites, listed in order of most likely to reach me the quickest:

-GoldToken.com username is newguy
-DailyGammon.com username is newguy1 but messages have 80 characters limit
-BrainKing.com username is bugmenot
-Pocket-Monkey.com username is newguy
---Anything below here might take a while to reach me---
-BugCafe.net username is newguy, I dont' check my messages there often
-ItsYourTurn.com username is myaccount, but I only get to check my account there every few days CONTACTING ME THERE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT IS WORSE THAN CONTACTING ME VIA PRIVATE EMAIL AS IT CAUSES PROBLEMS FOR BOTH YOU AND ME, NOT JUST YOU
-Pente.net username is bugmenot, but they have no internal message system so you can only tell me if you're already playing a game with me using the in-game chat feature.

That's all, folks!

Sincerely,
bugmenot/newguy
You might want to call me "the windbag" after reading this message.