[pbmserv] Broadcast from dshort via PBM Server

Two years ago I suffered a catastrophic hard drive crash, and because of
that and other personal matters which have taken up my time, have prevented
me from returning to the world of
Richard's Play By Server. That is, until now. I am pleased to see that my
userid is still current.
I expect that I will finally now be able to resume my online activities in
the area of this PBeM server.

I want to thank my friend bengal for overseeing some of the tournaments that
I had organized
at the time of my disappearance. I am now ready to organize 3 new
tournaments, in
OMEGACHESS, BACKGAMMON and SCRAMBLE. Please read the instructions for each
tournament.
Players who wish to participate should email me at my new email address:

davidnyjfan2006@hotmail.com

When you email me, please let me know the tournament(s) that you are
interested in playing in,
and your PBeM userid. Please DO NOT simply send me a message through the
PBeM server!
I need an email address to contact you. When I am ready, I will carbon copy
an email to all of the tournament's participants with the first round
pairings.

OMEGACHESS:

I envision organizing another OC event similar to those I have run in the
past. It will probably be a round robin event with 2 rounds, a preliminary
round, and then section winners and a few
"wild-card" players advancing to a finals. I would also like to solicit the
opinions of the participants of this tournament as to what the time controls
should be. Do you favor a "total cap" where you
have x amount of days for the entire game, or a "per move" limit? For
instance, I could run the event with a total time cap of 270 days per game,
or set it up so that everyone must submit at least one move every 7 days.
Personally I prefer the total cap, but I want to seek out the
opinions of all of the other players.

If no one else steps forward to offer a prize for this event, I would
probably be willing to offer as a prize to the tournament champion a copy of
the latest edition of ZILLIONS OF GAMES. After
the tournament is over, provide me with your mailing address, and I'll go
online and purchase a copy for you and have them ship it directly to you.

BACKGAMMON:

This will be a 3 point tournament, single elimination style. The tournament
is open to the first
32 players that sign up. Once I have received 32 entries, I will rank the
players 1 through 32
according to their current PBM backgammon rating, with unrated players at
the bottom in
random order. The doubling cube will be used. Each pairing is a match to 3
points. I would
like to request that players forward me a copy of their completed games so
that I may keep track of match results. There will be a total of 5 rounds
(rounds of 32, 16, 8, 4 and 2).

SCRAMBLE:

This is also a single elimination tournament which is open to the first 32
players that sign up.
Once I have received 32 entries, I will rank the players 1 through 32
according to their current
PBM scramble ratings, with unrated players at the bottom in random order. I
would like to request that players forward me a copy of their completed
games so that I may keep track of match results. There will be a total of 5
rounds (rounds of 32, 16, 8, 4 and 2). Every game in the tournament will pit
players against a single opponent. I may organize a multi-player scramble
tournament in the near future too.

There is no specific deadline for entries for the backgammon and scramble
tournaments.
I will keep accepting entries until I have a full tournament (32 players)
for each event.
I encourage you to tell all of your PBeM friends about these tournaments.
Get the word out!
As for the Omegachess tournament, I will probably keep soliciting entries
for the next month
or so. I encourage all fans of chess variants to spread the word about this
new event.
I may also eventually organize a new tournament in DOUBLECHESS.

I am currently accepting challenges for non-tournament games of Scramble.

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE who remembers me to drop me an email and tell me what
they've
been doing for the past 2 years. RAGNAR JOVA1 U-SHA KARAKUSK Two years ago I
[...]

been doing for the past 2 years. RAGNAR JOVA1 U-SHA THRAWN KARAKUSK EHOLZMAN
ROLLE BALU BEN JADZIA SHARKEY IVANT JKLEWIS HROGERS DAVE NANTONAS ASDF
WYANDOTTE  ERIK  where are you all? Am I leaving anyone out? Hello to all of
my old
SCRAMBLE opponents too! I AM BACK! I hope to hear from all of you soon, even
if you don't
plan on participating in any of my new tournaments right now!