[pbmserv] New game: Binar

Hi,

My name is Cameron and I'm a game-aholic. It's been 16 days since my last game.

A new game Binar has been added to the server, a bit like Tic Tac Toe except that you add up the numbers along rows and columns to win or lose.

camb

Help for the Game of Binar

   Welcome to the network Binar server. The challenge command is described
   here. Other commands are the same as for all pbmserv games.

binar challenge [-size=number] userid1 userid2

   starts a new game for two players.
   The -size parameter specifies the board size (default 4).

Introduction

Binar is a simple logic game for people who think in binary.

Rules

   The game is played on a square 4x4 grid which is initially empty. Two
   players, Even (0) and Odd (1), takes turns placing their number in an empty
   cell.

   If a row or column is filled, then the sum of its numbers gives a parity
   (even or odd). If the row and column passing through a move are both filled
   and of the same parity, then the player of that parity wins.

The following example shows a game won by Even:

a b c d

    4   . 1 0 .   4
    3   0 1<1>0   3
    2   . . 1 .   2
    1   . . 0 .   1

a b c d

Odd made the last move <1> at c3, however the row and column passing through
c3 have both been filled and add up to even numbers (2 and 2) so Even wins.

Syntax

The move syntax is:

binar move board# userid password d3

This command places the current player's number at position d3.

History

Binar rules by Cameron Browne and copyright (c) Cyberite Ltd, March 2009.

Implementation and Help file by Cameron Browne, March 2009.