[pbmserv] The Rules For NCBackgammon

Hello all NC-Backgammon players and future players,
  When I wrote NC-Backgammon for this server I had misunderstood the rules that I had read.  After a few games had started, a player pointed out my mistake.  So I corrected them.  Here is the pdf file that I base the program on:

http://www.m-hikari.com/ijcms-password2007/17-20-2007/cagmanIJCMS17-20-2007.pdf

Now it appears that some players liked the original rules that I had followed.  They feel that the rules given in this pdf file give the first player too much of a first-player advantage.  I do not wish to change the rules back to how they originally were for several reasons; 1) The rules given in the pdf file are universally accepted and used by No Chance Backgammon players the world over, 2) These are the rules the inventor has mandated, and 3) I don't want to push Richard Rognlie's patience, (I have updated this program twice so far).

But this does not mean that I will absolutely not change the rules again.  I suggest that if you feel my original rules were better then submit them to the inventor and start a discussion in the No Chance Backgammon Community about why a rule change should occur.  If a change is universally accepted then yes, I will change the rules again.  For the meantime may I suggest that players start two games with an opponent; one where each player goes first.

Thanks to all those that have given feedback to me about this game.  I like feedback and I like to know that the games I put on the server are played and talked about.  I encourage further feedback and suggestions.  Thanks everyone and enjoy the game.

--
Douglas Zander