[pbmserv] Pente Tournament

How about a Pente tournament?
I am thinking of a Swiss type of tournament instead of round robin or elimination.
For those who are unfamiliar with these type of tournament, the ideas is:
-The principle of a Swiss tournament is that each player will be pitted against another player who has done as well (or poorly) as him or herself..
-First, each player is given a rating number (1 is the best, 2 second best, and so on). We can assign these ratings using the Pente Ratings on the server.
-The first round is seeded according to rating. (best rating vs worst rating, second best rating vs second worst rating, and so on).
-Each round consist in 2 games, one with balck, one with white.
-For each game won you get 1 point. 1/2 in case of a tie.
-To start a round all the games from the previous round needs to be finished.
-For the second round you need to split the players in 3 groups. In the first group there are players with 2 points. They will be seeded by their rating (best rating vs worst rating, second best rating vs second worst rating, and so on). If in this group we have an odd number of players, then the player with 2 points with the best rating is paired against the player with 1 point with the best rating. Then, using these procedure, you match up the players with 1 point, and then with 0 points.
-The total numbers of round is decided in the beggining according to the number of players.
-Players can exchange their rating numbers when the play each other. If the player with the lower rating wins both games, then the players exchange their rating numbers. Any other result will not generate a rating change.
-The idea is to have an even number of players, so nobody gets a bye.

time allowed per move: 3 days
total time allowed per player: 30 days
nag every: 2

What do you think of these settings?

Send me a message if you are interested.

diegohb

http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/