Re: [PyrNet-L] Read and Weep

At 10:07 AM 3/3/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I Am Famous Now

I really hate to be a killjoy, but I made the same comments on the old list
when this came through before too

What is the purpose of this story? To make you feel bad. Why? What was the
author's purpose and intention when he wrote such a heart wrenching story?
What is the souce?.

This smaks of the kind of propaganda that animal rights activists use to get
your support and your money. And use that money to lobby in Washington for
anti dog legislation. Peta and HSUS's (Humane Society of the United
States--who does not fund ANY animal shelter in the country), for example,
their ultimate goal is to eliminate all domestic animals--food and PETS.
This means OUR PYRS too. I do not support anyone who thinks it it is their
duty to take away my right to own Pyrs.

This story is not true. It is a fictional account. Dogs to not understand
the concept of famous. It is designed to give you a horrible knee jerk
feeling, as if this dog were a small child. Dogs are not children and nor
can they think and reason or SPEAK  like a small child. The reason this
story is so pathetic is because the dog speaks to us in a childlike manner.

While it is very very true that animal abuse goes on, there is no need to
invent it. Let us focus on the real life atrocities and not waste our
emotions on non existant victims and their non existant abusers. Save you
outrage for real life puppy mills and backyard breeders who are out to make
a buck, or volunteer some time to rescue--you will find plenty to be angry
and upset about there.

I have said my piece, flame suit on!
Cathryn Lundberg