Re: [PyrNet-L] Why ask why?

<< I disagree with you on that pyrs seem to be SOUNDER at this time. I some
 how don't see the quality as it used to be. >>

IMHO, The breed is much sounder from top to bottom than it was in 1972 when
Maryann and I came into the breed.  If you will read the standard you will see
a dog of moderate bone that weights only bout 120 pounds at the top of the
height standard of about 32 inches at the withers.  You make the statement in
general so I must assume you mean the breed as a whole.  No doubt there are
some dogs that you describe.  Generally the breed could be taller and thus
should carry more weight, but the heavy "fleshy" dog  is not correct.  As
Charlotte said it should not look or feel like a Newf or Saint.  The dogs in
France are very tall and carry the correct weight.  They are not heavy or
course. They do lack in soundness.  Even there you see the dogs you describe
occasionally.  These statements are generalities and easily could find an
exception to any one of them.

Joe