Re: [PyrNet-L] Wash Day

In a message dated 3/12/98 5:35:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dcoffman@erols.com writes:

<< I, too, would like to know what is a "Honey bear clip."  However, if we
 need to shave Pyrs close to the skin to keep them groomed and looking the
 way they are supposed to, then perhaps we should consider owning another
 breed -- poodle perhaps.? >>

I find that shaving her once a year (in the spring time) besides being more
convenient to care for, for a couple of months, it also keeps the spring
matting to a minimum.  As she is sloughing off her winter coat, the shorter
fur is not as hard to brush thru and therefore no matting deep down by the
skin, less brushing, etc. She sheds so quickly in the spring that it seems
like her hips are matted the next day after she has been brushed! Definitely
easier on me and easier on her too.

And quite honestly, we find she is looking like a Pyr again by mid-late
summer.  Their fur grows really quick.

Sandy

Sandra Ringener
birdbugg@aol.com