Re: [PyrNet-L] Shaving Pyrs

Years ago there was a Basquaerie male (Basquaerie Snow King) that lived
in Wasilla.   His people boarded him with us and I always though Snow
King was a very old fat dog because he appeared to be stiff and walked
like an old dog.  He was matted and sadly in need of grooming, so I
hefted him up on the grooming table and went to work.  I combed out
matts behind his ears, in his tail, and between his back legs.  I worked
hours and I cut his toenail which were like ram's horns.  They were
curved around and his dewclaws were growing in a full circle and into
the pads.  Well, I found out Snow King wasn't an old dog.  In two weeks
he was like a new dog. He bounded around like a puppy.  I took some
weight off him (Wish I could lose weight that fast!)  His people hardly
recognized him and were thankfully thrilled about how nice he looked.  I
didn't have to shave him.  I used a matt splitter for the biggest of the
mats.  Moral of story:  Routine grooming is very important to these
Pyrs.  Ruth