Re: [PyrNet-L] RE: ear problems and coat colouration.

Joe, if it was a chronic case of mites, would you not see a crumbly, dark
waxy debris?  That is what I had always thought and in my experience, also
seen.

Pyrs come with varying coat colours.  Some are very, very white.  I would
say that they are likely the exception.  I spin pyr hair.  Even hair coming
from the most "white looking" dogs, when spun has some degree of
creamy/beigey hue to it.

Don't bleach your dog.  As Joe has said (Bravo, Joe!), the judges who only
see white are probably not worth showing to.  A judge who has read the
standard will know that varying shades are acceptable.

As an aside there is a breeder up here who has a number of "red heads" in
her breeding program. Some have a very creamy/peachy hue to their coats
(without discernable body spots) she has finished these dogs with you
apparent difficulty.)

Just my 2 cents worth.

C.

Colette & Warrick Wilson