Re: [PyrNet-L] DOGCHAT: Rabies Alert

Judith --

Thanks for passing this along.  I live here in the Wichita, Kansas area,
and of course, had heard of the local news announcements about this, but
didn't think of posting it for out-of-towners who may have been here.

We were at the Equifest ourselves that weekend watching the horses, but we
were there on Sunday, and it is my understanding that the rabid puppy was
there only on Saturday, because it was later that day it seemed to become
ill and they took it to the vet, only to discover it had rabies.   All of
its' litter-mates, unfortunately, were also "put down" to be tested for
rabies.

The puppy was a young black lab, and the owners had a fencing company sale
booth at the show.
We've had quite a rash of rabies this year in this area.  Hope it is not
the same  in your areas.

Tracy Pribbenow