Re: [PyrNet-L] Lost loves

According to the folks who maintain the GPCA health survey, the average
life expectancy of a spayed bitch is 10 1/2 years, and an intact dog is
about 8 1/2 years.  Intact bitches and neutered dogs fall somewhere in
between.

Keep in mind these are averages and they are derived from a survey that
is mostly completed by people with sick dogs.  I know a whole bunch of
Pyrs who have lived to be 13, quite a number who have made 14 and I've
heard of several who have lived to be 15.  In our Club a Rescue bitch
passed away recently at the rather incredible age of 16!!!  In France
there are stories of at least 2 Pyrs who lived to be 18.

Even if they all lived to be 18 it wouldn't be long enough!  Hug your
Pyrs tonight.

David

 David Kintsfather              | PHONE:       (610) 683-4497
 Dept. of Telecommunications    | FAX:         (610) 683-4659
 Kutztown University            | INTERNET:    kintsfat@kutztown.edu
 PO Box 730                     |   "We need not think alike to love alike."
 Kutztown, PA  19530-0730       |                Francis David