Re: [PyrNet-L] RE: ear problems and coat colouration.

In a message dated 3/18/1998 2:36:54 PM Central Standard Time,
pyreau@crosslink.net writes:

<< I seem to remember that a mixture of 1 part rubbing alcohol, 1 part white
 vinegar and 1 part water can be used to flush ears and balance the ph so
 that the dog will not get fungus infections. So far, (knock on wood) we have
 never had ear problems so I haven't tried it.  Am I right about the
 proportions?? >>

It's 2 parts alcohol to 1 part vinegar. My vet always said how to remember it
is you DON'T want them to smell like a salad <bg>. It stings real bad if
they've got any kind of ear infection though, so make sure they don't :-)
Mitzi