[PyrNet-L] Re: Health: The Heimlich Manoevre

Thanks to all who responded to my post, both through the list and privately.
Today, Anais seems just a little more special!

    For those who asked about the Pet First Aid Course - I believe it is a
franchise operation, out of California, called Oakland Health Services. The
person who runs the course here in Alberta was excellent. She had been a
practising nurse for many years, so her skill level was terrific. It was a
"hands on" event, with a dog to work on for every 2 or 3 participants.
Caragh, my then 5 year old bitch was one of the "patients", and was used by
the instructor to demonstrate how to splint a leg. As soon as she was all
bandaged up, she limped around the hall - with a pained expression on her
face, visiting each participant in turn, in order to elicit a sympathetic
pat!!

                             Geraldine

Geraldine Swierzy
SheepRiver Great Pyrenees