Re[2]: [PyrNet-L] And Now To Bed...

<< However...~laughs~...since my boy's favorite position is upside down with
 all four feet in the air...I have awakened on occasion to a paw or two in my
 face...*G*... >>

Very Funny! :) !!!
Karen

I adopted my boy last June from the local shelter when he was about 2 1/2.  Not

knowing anything about his past, I put him in a crate at night so I wouldn't
wake up to any chewing surprises.  (which so far have been extremely rare)  He
also sleeps on his back regularly.  I started out by putting a blanket in his
crate so that he would have something soft to sleep on, but have since removed
it permanently.  He would just kick it out of the way normally or on those days

when he would wake up before I did, he seemed to enjoyed taking mouthfuls out
of
it.  This led to one of the funniest things I have seen yet.

I had pulled the blue blanket out of his crate and just heaped it on the floor
in the middle of the room while I was collecting the little strips of cloth he
had recently torn off.  (The last night he got to sleep with a blankie)
Anyway,
he goes over and starts nosing at the blanket, next thing I see is his head
poking through a hole about a foot from the edge of the blanket.  He starts
walking towards me, wearing the blanket around his neck.  At this moment the
trash collectors just happen to be stopping out front and since all pyrs know
how dangerous these folks are, he made a break straight for the front windows.

Until then I had not realized I had adopted "Super Dog".  He went flying,
almost
literally, across the room with his full cape a flying behind him, all he was
missing was the big S on his chest.  Of course, then it was time to check out
the backyard too, so he goes flying bye again in the other direction and out of

sight.  Since the back was clear (I guess) he came flying back into the front
room racing to the front windows.  He did slow just a little to wonder what I
was laughing so hard at.

One last comment, he likes to lay on the tile near the front door or in the
kitchen.  However, when he does, he always clears the floor of the rugs before
he settles down.  I would think something soft under the elbows would be more
comfortable but he seems to prefer the hard tile.

Steve Slusser
Peoria, IL