Re: [PyrNet-L] PyrNet-L Introduction

<< By the way, has anyone had any news about the French National?
 Charlotte
 Virginia >>

We just got back couple days ago.  Still getting our "clocks" back on time.

Best of Breed in Pyrs was Izaux de la Vallee Du Girou.  A medium size
extremely elegent dog who moved relatively good.  Superb coat and body.
Clearly the Best of Breed. Dog is by Uchan de Montbernes who was one of the
great studs dogs and himself a Best of Breed Winner at the national.
Breeder/owner was Madame Galiana

Best of the opposite Sex was Lisa du Duche de Savoy.  Elegant bitch with good
size.  Sound moving dog.  Good body.  Little short on coat, but overall a
worthy choice.  Breeder/owner is Raymond Ducrey who has been very sucessful.
Raymond is one of the top breeders over the past 15 years and has had much
sucess at the French National.

The Best in Show was the Pyrenean Berger, Payolle du Val d'Ares a fawn
owned/bred  by Dr. Denys.  Long coat variety.

To me the excitement was in the young dogs.  No doubt in my mind we will see
and hear from these dogs in the years to come.

In dogs
Malik du Pic de Visco was really superb.  He won best young dog in breed last
year.  He was better this year.  Owned by Gerard Van Der Post of Holland.
Bred by Monsieur Benoit Cockenpot who lives in the Pyrenees Mountains
literally.  He is just turning 2 years.

Noustamic de Neouvielle
huge 11 month puppy.  This dog has to be 33 or 34 inches at the withers.  Very
elegant and surprisingly sound for such a big puppy.  I expect Malik and
Noustamic to "butt heads" for many years.   We saw this dog at 4 months last
summer at Madame Lafitte's place along with about 20 other people.  Last I saw
of him he was playing with his brothers in the creek in their pasture.  Many
of us held him and someone held him for the group photo, maybe me, as there
were 5 brothers, like peas in a pod.  No one will be holding him now or they
will suffer back strain.

In bitches
Neige d'Avril du Pic de Visco
very elegant sound bitch, just one year old.  Bred and owned by Monsieur
Cockenpot.

Mona Lisa du Pic de Viscos, only 1 1/2 years old.  elegant and good size.
Very sound.

Lamigna du Neouvielle-  Second in Open class and probably what we know as
Reserve to the Best of Opposite Sex bitch above.  I would have choose her, but
she was out of coat.  Enchanting head and good size.  Sound mover.  Bred and
owned by Madame Lafitte.

Some of the great were there.  Gardayan des Grands Corents who is past Best of
Breed and was Best In show in Paris national show several years ago.  I would
have chosen him Best of Breed, but I am biased on the dog.

Estom de Comte de Foix was there at 9 years and unfortunately looked every bit
his age.  Wonderful dog.  One of the sweetest boys you will ever see and
probably the greatest stud dog in France in 20 years.  Everyone has used him.
He is Sire of Malik, Neige, and Noustamic above.

Joe