Re: [PyrNet-L] Hello Out There

On 23 Apr 98 at 21:17, Jack and Charlotte Perry wrote:
> Janice, how
> does your Pyr differ from your newfs when it comes to draft
> training?

Different in what respect?  Sonny's training just as my newf has and
will be going through same stuff as she has.  When I bring out
Linsey's harness she get's all excited and loves to pull and thinks
it's something fun to do.  Want Sonny to think the same thing;
that this is great fun.  Only difference between the 2 and I think
it has a lot to do more with individual personalities, is going at a
slower rate with him.  He started harness last weekend and all doing
for a week is putting harness on and off and letting him walk around
in it.  This weekend the plan is start letting him get used to
travois. I like to use a travois for training for varying reasons as
they're light and if they do get tipped less chance of hurting and
scaring them.  I expect Sonny to start progressing fast once get's
used to equipment.

Linsey has a cart coming in with a triple shaft option.  The plan is
once Sonny is trained to team train them and do events/parades
together.

I've also heard draft test rules for pyrs have passed and I'm
planning and Lynne won't let me off the hook to have a pyr ready for
the first pyr draft test.

Janice, janices@texas.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://lonestar.texas.net/~janices/
Leander, TX
Visit Old West Newfoundland Club's website at
http://lonestar.texas.net/~janices/ownc/