Re: [PyrNet-L] Nationals video

Lisa says the Domino videos were too expensive, but as someone who has
actually produced a National video, I'm telling you all that it was "too
cheap."  I thought it was a reasonable price for the quality of the
tapes, but apparently they didn't make much (or any) profit on the project.

In 1993 we charged $40 for tapes ordered at the show, and our ACTUAL COST
was well over $30.  This included NO rental of equipment and no
compensation for the 55 students and 4 technicians who took part in the 3
days of shooting and the one LONG day of setup.

At our normal charges for equipment rental the tapes should have cost
over $200!

As a teaching activity it was first rate and this justified the use of
our equipment and the labor of our professional technicians--but a fund
raising activity this wasn't.

David

 David Kintsfather              | PHONE:       (610) 683-4497
 Dept. of Telecommunications    | FAX:         (610) 683-4659
 Kutztown University            | INTERNET:    kintsfat@kutztown.edu
 PO Box 730                     |   "We need not think alike to love alike."
 Kutztown, PA  19530-0730       |                Francis David