[PyrNet-L] Pyr Movie revue

Watched the movie last night and it's definitely a Pyr!  If that dog
isn't a Pyr it should get an Oscar for playing one to pyrfection,
including the Pyr hugs. They don't teach that at canine acting school.
At first I was surprised how much the dog was involved until I realized
he was an integral part of the plot. Which is either: 1) Boy and Girl
exchange apartments (NY & Paris) and girl proceeds to take over his
practice and care of his dog which she does a much better job then he
has.  Or:  2) how clean a Pyrenees can stay if it spends its entire life
inside an apartment  (you decide). There's a heart-wrenching search and
water rescue sequence when after a growling and snarling dog is forcible
removed by the evil "X" girlfriend; leads up-to a loving re-unitement on
shore (where we find proof positive that he IS or WAS a male). This
could be why the movie has a "R" rating. In the climax of the film, our
boy is begging and whining outside the window of the taxi that the "love
interest" has just gotten into on her way to the airport (to return to
Paris).  I hadn't seen such over-acting since the Pyr in the back of the
van in "Dumb & Dumber". Our hero then valiantly chases her through the
busy streets of NY city (where are the P.E.T.A. people when you need
them). There's also a scene where the 2 women are walking him "off lead"
in Central Park. They're walking with their arms around each other
talking and the Pyr stops while they keep walking. The Pyr stands there
looking off to the side and then disappears off camera (never to be seen
again)... or at-least not until the next scene when they're getting off
the elevator with the dog. They should change the name of the movie to
"Miracle on 57th street". In actuality this is the defining moment for
the dog. He sees the crane hanging over them with hundreds of
showerheads ready to simulate a sudden drenching downburst. What Pyr in
his right mind would chose to continue walking with his "stupid humans"
if he could go 10 feet to either side and stay dry? I love an actor with
integrity! Although most of the movie is boring, to Pyr lovers this is
our "Pyrtanic". I just hope there's a sequel. To the humans I give  (**)
and the dog (*****). They're still 5 or 6 more showings this month on
cinemax; so for you (cable or satellite) depraved people out there, for
the cost of a tape and postage I'll be willing to make a couple copies.
E-mail me privately.