Re: [PyrNet-L] Great White relatives

<< Regarding the leonberger - according to the material from the parent club
 the rumor is true - originally it was a combo Saint/Newf mix and in the
 literature a Grt Pyr was later added for it's intelligence and beauty! >>

Interesting!!  I have a reference from I believe the 1920's from Senac-
Lagrange where he is commenting on the great similarity between the two breeds
structure wise.  He was such a great dog authority, I would have believed he
would have been aware if the Pyr was in the ancestory of the Leonberger.  From
his reference I do not believe he recognized any ancestory one way or the
other.  Is there a web site for the Leonberger parent club?

Joe