[PyrNet-L] Fwd: NEWS, RESCUE, PERSONAL: Golden Retriever Found

---- Begin included message ----
Hi All:

Don't shoot me...I am just the messenger. If any one can help locate the
owners of this Golden, or knows any information from those you are in
contact with at shows, please contact Lisa Ducher at 281-429-7214.
Message will follow my sig line.

--
Jeff Maid
Romeoville, Illinois

Recieved throug private email:

Spreading the word.....

Please forward this message on to any list or person that you think
might be of  h*e*l*p!  Always hate to see a lost pet!

 Becky and the Black Creek Crew
 Force, Dixie, Dottie, Nitro the Patterdale and all the hounds too!
 Visit us at:

I'm forwarding this, thinking the more folk who know, the more chance
there
is to get this boy home again.  Please, listees; forward it to other
places.
_____________________

 Subject: PLEASE HELP - Found Golden seeks owner

The Gr Houston Golden Retriever Club rescue has a rescued Golden in
foster care that we strongly believe may be a dog someone is looking
for. I'm asking the list's help in spreading the word.

"Ted" was found stray in north Houston.

He appears to be maybe 8 yrs old. He is neutered, probably some time
ago.  He is medium height, blonde in color. He is heartworm-negative
which in Houston means that he must have been on heartworm preventative
OR brought into this area very recently.

We are unable to locate any tattoo or microchip on him.

Ted is VERY sweet, highly social with any people and dogs.  Crate
trained and hops right in a crate when it is opened for him.

Ted knows UTILITY obedience hand signals!!!    He heels beautifully --
I  don't mean walks nicely on a leash -- this dog HEELS with attention
like a dog trained for competition obedience.  He responds to word READY
by looking at your face --- ie. has had competition obedience attention
training.    He  eagerly retrieves, waits to retrieve until sent, is
steady on the line -- maybe has had some field training?

It is hard to believe that anyone who had trained this dog to this
level  would NOT be looking for him now.    It is possible that Ted was
stolen,  and may have been brought to Houston from who knows how far
outside the area.

PLEASE HELP US spread the word about Ted --  if his owner is out there
looking for him, we want to find them!  We will be keeping Ted in foster
care for while to try to locate his  owner, before making him available
for adoption.   If you or anyone you know has lost a Golden that might
meet this description, PLEASE CONTACT us, even if it was some time ago
or not in the Houston area.

If you do obedience training,  please help spread the word at shows  and
at the facility where you train.

If you have any information that might lead us to Ted's owner, please
contact his foster mom -- Lisa Ducher at 281-429-7214  (from Houston,
dial 1 first!).

 Anne McGuire
 GHGRC rescue volunteer
 Houston, Texas