Re: [PyrNet-L] Temperament and Heredity

<< One aggressive or overly shy Pyr would have to be pretty grand
 in other areas for me to consider it part of any breeding program. >>

Carol, if you ever were seduced by some perception of "grandness" and bred
some dog as you describe, you would pay for that mistake for many years
thereafter.  This is not meant to be critical, but just a warning.  We all are
tempted and I have paid that price already.

<<So I will have to hedge on the temperament is hereditary issue.
Too often the dog breeder and those dogs he breeds supply
both the environment as well as the genes. >>

I know the breeder you reference and it is hereditary.  Otherwise you would
not see this same temperament some 20 years later, after the breeder is long
dead, in the hands of other breeders who otherwise are capable, caring,
sincere, and not isolated.

Joe