Re: [PyrNet-L] Rescued Dog Energy Level

<<  I've got so many dogs that they all seem  to go to the door at the same
time when one of the Goldens walks over  to stand in front of the door to go
out. The Pyrs just seem to want  to lay out under the trees and relax. Maybe
you can get a general
 idea of different temperments from the rest of the list but as far as  mine
are concerned, they're basically couch 'taters. >>

This sounds like my house:-)  Except switch the goldens for cockers!  I have
one that is a flake out girl.  Doesn't get up unless to eat, go out (even then
she lolly gags), play (on her terms only), and to of course go bye bye.   She
likes going for walks - but does not ever ask to go for a walk and drags the
whole way back.  BUT stick her in a show ring and it's like she 2 again!
Typical Pyr - will do anything if they want to:-)  BTW she is 10 1/2 BUT she
has pretty much always been like this.

Now, my 10 month puppy is another story.  Asks to go out in the yard, for
walks, follows me around, and barely sleeps.  She has started to sleep a
little more in the last couple of weeks.  But, I don't know if it is because
she is getting older or that I have been waring her out a little more.  I have
been taking her for more walks than usual.

I think you'll find when he adjusts a little more that more and more of his
personality will come out along with more energy.  I wouldn't worry about him
too much he has been through alot.  You have taken him to a vet for a check up
on worms, etc. since bringing him home? (I think I remember your wife saying
that in her post).   Just give him lost of love, attention, and reassuring.
It's amazing with rescue dogs what that in itself can do:-)   Give Yukon a Pyr
hug from my gang.

Lara Spears
Fayetteville, GA