Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Parvovirus

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:01:34 -0400, Mary E. Mainous wrote:

>The incubation time for parvo is two to two and a half weeks.  It is highly
>contagious, and some strains are so virulent that even older, fully
>vaccinated dogs can contract the disease.  Parvo is also a highly protected
>virus, in that it takes an awful lot to kill it, even out on the ground.
>It would probably be a good idea to have all dogs exposed to the sick puppy
>whether directly or indirectly (via you) given a parvo booster just to be
>on the safe side.

14-18 days? I'm sorry, but we all seem to have read a different parvo
book around here<g>. Dee Dee, I think your best bet would be to call
your vet and have a nice talk with him about it. I'd be highly
surprised if the puppy contacted it before they got him.
Mitzi Potter   OKC  OK
Newfie@popline.com
http://www.popline.com/quinnz/mit.html