[PyrNet-L] dewclaws

I knew very little about Pyrs when I purchased Eliza as a puppy a year ago.
I had no plans to breed her and wanted only the best pet possible.  When I
took her in at 4 months to be spayed, my vet gave me the option of having
her dewclaws removed (mind you, it was only a suggestion and he wanted me to
consider my options).  He felt that, if I wanted to have it done, it could
be done at the same time as her spaying while she was under the anesthetic.
It seemed like a good idea so she came out of her surgery with not only
stitches on her tummy but also her legs all taped up.  I have never
regretted the decision but have learned more of the "improperness" of it
from reading these posts.  I would probably do it again under the same
circumstances.
Pam and Eliza