[PyrNet-L] CARE: Mosquitoes

Out here where we are in Colorado there seems to be a huge population of
mosquitoes this year. Although we don't live near water, it's been a wetter
season.

They swarm around humans and dogs. We all have multiple bites. Can anyone
recommend something that really deals with them? Also, is there anything I
should use to treat the bites on our pyr (which are mostly the legs and
thigh areas- though one got him or tried to on his nose the other day)?

I've heard of citronella candles but am unsure of the efficacy. We have a
bug zapper that seems to catch everything but mosquitoes. And I've heard
apple cider vinegar baths might help (or is that only help against fleas
which we don't have much of a problem with?).

Thanks,
Christina