[PyrNet-L] Meet You at the Brisbane Ekka?

Hi All!

I live in Brisbane, in Queensland, Australia. Every August we have the
RNA (Royal National Agricultural) Exhibition in Brisbane for about ten
days - or, shortened, the Exhibition, or just "Ekka".

I've enquired with the organisers, and got a brief response indicating
that Pyreneans WILL be showing as part of the festivities - as it
happens, on the Wednesday of the show. This, happily, is the
metropolitan public holiday set aside for city folk to attend the Ekka
(also known as "People's Day" here), so I'll certain to be at the
Exhibition Grounds, in the Pavilion where the Pyrs will apparently be
shown.

Why am I telling you guys this?

Because I wanted to let any Pyr breeders who will be showing their dogs
at this year's Exhibition - most Aussie ones are based in the more
southern Australian states of New South Wales, Victoria, South
Australia, etc. - know that I, among others, will be ACTIVELY looking
over their Pyrs there! I and my wife Sandra hopes to be able to select
the breeder(s) - or even the sire/dam - we plan to approach, down the
road a little, for our first Pyr puppy.

The Ekka is an ideal venue for us, since it avoids the expense (and the
leave from work) required to properly reconniteur southern breeders
ourselves - you'll all be in on place at one time as well!

Hope to see many wonderful examples of the breed (and the humans they
own) on the day!

Cheers & Paws-Up,

Muffin (Who says an Aussie Silky Terrier is small?)
Yin-Yang (Well, I'M the biggest pet in the house - and I'm a cat!)
Tsarina (A pyr? We sealpoints find white fur lovely to curl up in ;) )
Michael Bishop (Agarthan@one.net.au)
Sandra Bishop (mpspc@brisbane.qld.gov.au)