Re: [PyrNet-L] reality check re pets

On 13 Jul 98, at 14:22, Joe & Kathy wrote:
> Thanks Adrienne for reminding me how much I love both my "babies".  I
> guess I was a bit caught up in  the idea of showing/breeding & a good
> swift kick was just what I needed. You are absolutely correct.

There are other things can do besides conformation.  There's
obedience, agility, carting/drafting, therapy work, tracking, working
dog, wet dog, freestyle...........and the list goes on.  There's 2 draft
titles pyrs can now work towards, DD and DDX.  Maybe it's just me
but I think it's much more fun doing the working stuff.  To me,
conformation is boring.  I'll do it, but I like going into the obedience
ring, doing agility, doing carting, doing therapy, and the other stuff.

Janice, janices@jump.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX
Visit Old West Newfoundland Club's website at
http://www.jump.net/~janices/ownc/