[PyrNet-L] CHAT, CARE, HEALTH: Re: Albert's illness

    Well, still don't know much. (Albert's been bleeding rectally now for a
week and having diarrhea, very frequent and often BM's, straining a lot, and
past 3 days not eating & lost 13 pounds) Stool sample neg. (no parasites,
etc.) Blood tests neg. he had enema and baruium X-rays. (No blockages and
seems like intestines and colon are functioning)  Now doing thyroid tests,
because of the associated weight loss.
    He spent night at vet's last night.  I got to visit him after work and for
an hour afterhours there too. Weird thing is he doesn't seem that sick
according to how he acts. Still jumps and plays and very full if vim, vigor
and vinegar. He's been under vet's care for a week since I first spotted
blood. This was his first night spending night there this time, though.
    He's leaving no office help, techs or vet unslimed! When I visited after
work I sat on floor with Albert laying on his back between my legs with his
head resting on my belly and his legs up in air but relaxed and rubbed his
belly and neck and head and muzzle. He was in 7th Heaven! (This is a funny
sight, since Albert is SO HUGE!!)  Vet came in with pup to weigh and we were
blocking his way & I apologized and offered to get up & he said NO he'd just
step over us. He was giggling at the sight of us, though! Immediately after
all the gals in the office came back to peek in! (Think he told them we were a
funny sight they HAD to see!) Of course Albert saw opportunity for multiple
slimings and started wiggling to get up. They apologized and said they'd leave
us alone. I said he'd been like this for an hour and he'd love to visit with
them and get some attention from them, too. They willingly obliged him! He ate
it up, of course! When it came time to leave we put him in his area and when
we started to close door he all of a sudden figured out that I was leaving him
there! Such a SAD LOOK of betrayal!! (The Pyr people know THAT look!)  I
apologized and explained that he was there to get better and that they'd take
good care of him. Tried to get a goodbye kiss and he refused, was feeling sad
and betrayed. Layed one heavy guilt trip on me!! Poor baby!! (He'd been
licking me lots & lots whole time I was there, tho, before I betrayed him.)  I
looked pretty sad, then, too, as I left.
        Bye all! Just wanted to keep everyone posted about Albert's illness.
Keep those prayers and good vibes coming! Thanks for caring!

 :(     &   :\````   (me worried and Albert sick and drooling!)

 Janice Vocke
 MagEBroD@aol.com