Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT, CARE, HEALTH: Re: Albert's illness

Sooooo sorry to hear about Albert.  Hopefully he will get better at the
vet's -- even though they may never be able to diagnose the problem.  Was
his white cell count normal or elevated?  My first thought at what you
described sounded like Parvo.

----------
pyrnet-l@gamerz.net
> Subject: [PyrNet-L] CHAT, CARE, HEALTH: Re: Albert's illness
> Date: Thursday, July 16, 1998 8:28 PM
>
>     Well, still don't know much. (Albert's been bleeding rectally now for
> week and having diarrhea, very frequent and often BM's, straining a lot,
and
> past 3 days not eating & lost 13 pounds) Stool sample neg. (no parasites,
> etc.) Blood tests neg. he had enema and baruium X-rays. (No blockages and
> seems like intestines and colon are functioning)  Now doing thyroid
tests,
> because of the associated weight loss.
>     He spent night at vet's last night.  I got to visit him after work
and for
> an hour afterhours there too. Weird thing is he doesn't seem that sick
> according to how he acts. Still jumps and plays and very full if vim,
vigor
> and vinegar. He's been under vet's care for a week since I first spotted
> blood. This was his first night spending night there this time, though.
>     He's leaving no office help, techs or vet unslimed! When I visited
after
> work I sat on floor with Albert laying on his back between my legs with
his
> head resting on my belly and his legs up in air but relaxed and rubbed
his
> belly and neck and head and muzzle. He was in 7th Heaven! (This is a
funny
> sight, since Albert is SO HUGE!!)  Vet came in with pup to weigh and we
were
> blocking his way & I apologized and offered to get up & he said NO he'd
just
> step over us. He was giggling at the sight of us, though! Immediately
after
> all the gals in the office came back to peek in! (Think he told them we
were a
> funny sight they HAD to see!) Of course Albert saw opportunity for
multiple
> slimings and started wiggling to get up. They apologized and said they'd
leave
> us alone. I said he'd been like this for an hour and he'd love to visit
with
> them and get some attention from them, too. They willingly obliged him!
He ate